Monday, June 02, 2008

God it’s dusty in here.

We just moved from our building in SE Portland to the big, creepy building in downtown (*yes, Bobbie, this means we can have lunch together! But not on Tuesday. I already have plans on Tuesday).

The move has pretty much sucked up my at-work life for the last couple of weeks. Now that it’s over (except for the settling-in part), I’m back on the hunt for a full-time job, because as much as I like it here and as much as I enjoy working with these folks, it feels even more tenuous. The building is huge, the space is wide open. I feel exposed and vulnerable.

There’s been so much else happening in our lives lately. Loads of great things at home. Funny Emily-isms. Funny Storey-isms. Funny Robin-ish stories. The weather is turning slowly (more not-rainy days than rainy, but still enough rain that we know where we are); we’ve moved to our “outdoor dining room” for dinner every night and we’re cooking more on the grill. I’ve been very busy with sewing and I’ve had a couple more interviews. I would like to say I’ll blog more regularly, but I can’t promise that I will.

I have things to say about my dad. Thoughts about growing up and growing old. Thoughts about being single and about how hard it can be to make friends.

For now though, I’ll leave you with this: On Saturday morning, I got my hair cut into a short (cute) bob and dyed it red.

Yes, as a matter of fact, I do look fabulous! Thanks for asking.