Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Wha' Happened?

Well, I interviewed for a job doing contracts, as usual. And as usual, the job was given to an attorney. Higher degree, same money. A fiscally sound decision for the company (in this case, the City), but still a bummer for me.

But... apparently the manager likes me. A lot. Go figure!

Right now, they're preparing for a major new software implementation. It's scheduled to be complete in July(ish). The City officials with "tha powah" have already approved three full-time regular jobs for after completion.

It wasn't a big stretch for the manager to convince the same officials that she needed a contractor to come help on the front end of this implementation--someone with contract knowledge.

They agreed, and voila, I have a job and am the presumptive candidate for one of the three positions in July. No guarantees, of course, but that's the primary reason she created this contractor position, so I'd be available and already "hers" come summertime.

Yay!

Yesterday was orientation. I have very good benefits and they all begin on Monday, March 3rd. (Double Yay!)

For the rest of this week, I'm going to work on house stuff, such as painting my bedroom, helping with the paint in the dining room, maybe even getting into the living room (doubtful but possible), sewing more spring clothes, giving another big update to our website, and hitting at least one matinee with my mom.

I probably won't be around much to write, but I'll be back soon with pictures of all the fabulous things I complete this week! (Ha!)