Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Lazy

I'm too lazy to write out the whole thing about today, so here's a cut and paste (with a few minor modifications) of an email I sent to my friend Connie earlier this evening. Obviously there's more, but we'll get to that later. When I know more.

The message was entitled, "Meh", and reads as follows:

I’m not sure how the interview went.

I mean, the VP and I got along beautifully, and I think I have the gusto and energy and garment construction experience they’re looking for, but she made a point of letting me know that she has 3 more people to interview, some who have published patterns, blah, blah, blah.

So, yeah. I have no idea how it went.
Next week, when the owners are back from vacation, they’re going to help the VP narrow the field to 2 or 3 candidates for second interviews. Everyone else will get a “thanks, but no thanks” call. So either way, I’ll know early next week.

On the other hand, about an hour after I got home from this interview, I got a call from a head-hunter looking for a contract administrator for the City of Portland. :) We talked for a good long time and it looks like a pretty good fit. We’re taking next steps this week and next…

I told my mom you were doing a Novena to St. Joe’s–she actually blushed and mumbled something about having it “right here” and she should really start. I just laughed. I love my mom, but she has NO follow-through.

Anyway..., as soon as I hear from either side, I’ll let you know the outcome.

:)

Aimee