Monday, July 30, 2007

Stupidest thing ever

I don’t like tomatoes, so when I go out for Mexican food and ask for salsa what I’m really wanting is a hot sauce with no chunks of anything. Smooth and hot. But not TOO hot, please.

The last time the girls and I went out for Mexican, it being an unknown place to me, I ordered the medium salsa, but it was lame. Lame, lame, lame. It was bland and un-spicy and boring and flavorless. So I decided next time (if we ever go back there) I’d get the hot salsa.

Tomorrow is the last day of our quarter here at work. We are slammed against the wall busy with contracts and last minute requests and craziness. Our new big-boss (the Director of Licensing) has graciously offered to buy us lunch today & tomorrow so we can keep on pushing through the piles of work.

I ordered for everyone... you can already see where this is going, can’t you?

I ordered myself a burrito with HOT salsa, remembering the bland experience of last time.

I brought the food back, took a bite, and immediately remembered, "Hmm, this isn’t the place I went to have Mexican last time. This salsa is fucking HOT!"

Ouch.

**whimper**