Monday, June 18, 2007

It’s been a whole week already? Sheesh, how did that happen?

Life has been busy, I guess. With everyone gone but me and Mom, we’ve been trying to take care of some things in the house. We haven’t done a great job of it, but we’re trying.

This morning, my meds are making me nauseous. That happens sometimes. Less frequently now than in the beginning, but sometimes still. So I’m not feeling very enthusiastic right now.

Although, I did get some gorgeous Cascade 220 superwash wool this weekend (in a fabulous cherry-red) to make my mom a new sweater. She wants to wear it to a wedding in October. I haven’t decided yet if I’ll bring it to Ireland with me or if I’ll bring along something smaller and easier to carry around. I still have 11 days to figure that out though.

Eleven days. WOO HOO!

You know, I just realized, in all the excitement of getting Sam, I forgot to say Em’s dad came to visit last weekend (not the one that just passed). It was his first visit to our home; he got to pick her up at school, meet some of her friends, and see the “famous” tree-house. She was absolutely thrilled. We all had a very nice weekend.

While he was here, he installed a camera on our computer, courtesy of his parents, so they can all talk to each other with pictures now.

I can’t tell you how much it means to know he and his parents love her so much and want to be an active part of her life. It could have been another way, you know. We are lucky.

Oh yeah, in a completely unrelated note, I updated my picture blog last week.

Ok, I’m off for now. Gotta go obsess about Ireland some more.

Ta!