Tuesday, March 06, 2007

No!

I was lying in bed next to Emily this evening while she was getting ready to go to sleep; she was playing with her belly button (a nervous or sleepy habit), and I said, "Are you playing with my belly button?"

She replied, "No, that's MY belly button!"

We went back and forth a couple times with "Mine. No Mine!" while she giggled and I tickled her, then she said, "Mommy! I own all the parts of my body--not someone else!"

To which I replied, "That's right, Sister. And don't you ever forget it! What do you do if someone wants to touch parts of your body and you don't want them to?"

She said, "I scream REALLY LOUD!"

"You bet, girlfriend! Let's practice!"

In unison, at the top of our lungs, we shouted, "NOOOOOOO!"

She's very good at shouting; I hope she never has to.