Monday, February 05, 2007

Waiting

for the other shoe to drop. Do bad things really come in 3s, or is that just something we say?

First Nanner's house burned, then I found out yesterday that Emily's father's best friend died in December. He was a good person and I really enjoyed hanging out with him (Logan and I were friends way back...). I'm going to miss knowing he's in the world.

So now I have this feeling of anxious dread. Then again, does the news about Logan count as one of three if it happened so long ago? Or when creating our own "3s", does it only matter that I just learned of it yesterday?

I feel blue.

I feel out of control. I like control--I want it back (or at least the illusion of it). To that end, I sent out my resume to a couple of places this morning. I'm going to keep looking.

I hope you are all having a nice Monday so far.