Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Ok, I can’t seem to find the time to write a proper post, so let me give you this quick update on our weekend:

Saturday, Kate, Leslie and I went shopping for a new digital camera for me. This is what we got
It is AWESOME.

Then we went out for lunch at the Olive Garden. Instead of real lunches, we got a bunch of appetizers to share. It was very carb-heavy and delicious.

After we dropped Leslie off at home (by the way, Leslie, your coffee cup is in my car), Kate and I went to check out hot tubs.

We bought THIS.

We also bought a gazebo to put over it, but I can’t find a link. I’ll just have to take a picture of it instead when it arrives. Yeah, with my new camera!

Sunday was sort of uneventful. Emily was a pill from the moment she got out of bed and I was short-tempered with her (giving off bad love, don’t you know).

But after lunch, we all make hats (I’ll post pics of them when I figure out how to download from my camera, but I have to be at home), then for dinner we had oysters, brie, crackers, clam dip & Ruffles, corn dogs & taquitos (for the kids) spinach dip with home-made crusty bread. And a big ol’ birthday cake for my mom.

Mom’s actual birthday was on Monday. I think she had a nice day, though she ended up making dinner, which wasn’t in the plan. We ended up having our neighbors over for dinner—also not in the plan, but still quite pleasant. I like them. (I had a nice day because I got to talk to Varla on the phone during lunch.)

Yesterday morning about 20 minutes after I arrived my mom called to tell me Em was sick, so I went home to take care of her. She’s still a little warmish today, but she didn’t want to miss her first-ever Valentine’s day, so she went to school anyway.

And that, in a nutshell, is all that’s happening. I really planned to write something more & better. I’m sorry life is busy. But I’m glad work is busy, ‘cause that’s when it’s good.

Bye!