Friday, February 02, 2007

Counting our Chickens

I just got a voicemail from our real estate agent in California. The financial contingencies have been cleared--now we're in a pending period. The house sale will be complete by Monday or Tuesday. Whew!

*******

I know I said I'd post about last Saturday, but I think I've changed my mind. Let me just sum up by saying it was super-awesome-fabulous to spend a whole day hanging out with Varla, Seamus, and my family. The details of what happened in Seattle, to paraphrase, stay in Seattle.

*******

I think we're getting money-nervous, and also a bit more realistic about how much we can cram into 2 weeks. We've decided to cut our trip down to just Ireland for 8 or 9 days. Next year, we'll go back to do England, Scotland, and Wales.

*******

Emily is growing up so fast, but sometimes when she sleeps, she's still just my baby. She's still little enough that when she breathes her whole body expands, not just her chest. I like to put my hand on her tummy and feel the up and down--I fell asleep last night doing that. It was very soothing. And I like the smell of her not-quite-baby breath in the morning.

*******

This weekend, we're having the neighbors over for dinner on Saturday. I'm not sure where we're going to fit 4 extra people in our already full house, but I'm looking forward to it nonetheless. They're fun people.

*******

Sloth--this is for you: My favorite black shoes have a hole in them. Bad, bad. I'm going to buy new shoes soon and will surely think of you while I'm shopping. ((grin))

Have a good weekend, everyone. Back atcha soon.