Thursday, January 04, 2007

New Year Post

Our whole house has been sharing the same awful cold for a little over a month now. It's getting quite tiresome, all this coughing and nose-blowing. I'm ready for everyone to get healthy now, including me.

I checked out a school for Emily yesterday; today she goes in for a day to observe and to be observed. Friday, I have a phone call scheduled with the principal, and if all goes well today she'll start on Monday.

The only problem is that it's about $400.00 a month, and with two mortgages to pay, that's going to be hard to come by right now. But it's a good school, so we'll figure it out.

My dad has decided to semi-retire. He has performed his last surgery, let go all his staff but one, is arranging to sell his patient files to another ophthalmologist in town, and has done all the paperwork necessary to be a pot-doctor. Yup, that's right. My dad is going to be one of those docs to prescribes medical marijuana. It's weird to think how much will change now that he has a partner for the first time ever and that soon he'll no longer have an office to go to. He's been in the same office for nearly 35 years.

And that's all the news that's fit to print right now. I'll be back with a school update as soon as we know the scoop.

Happy New Year, my friends.