Thursday, December 07, 2006

Enough Already

I’ve been on edge the last number of days (ok, weeks). I’m ready to get back to normal. Aren’t you? I thought so.

Kate, Jeff, the kids, the dog, and the hamster arrived the night before last. Apparently I skimmed over those plans with y’all, so let me recap:

Jeff is an elementary school teacher. They lived in an area where there are 3 different colleges who graduate school teachers. Hence, he couldn’t find a full-time (tenure track) job. He subbed nearly every day, but no one gives out home loans to substitute teachers.

So they’ve moved to Portland as well. When Jeff gets a regular, full-time job, they’ll get loan approval, find and buy a house, and move forward! In the meantime, they’re living with us. So far, I’m very happy to have them there.

The job is getting better finally. I’m busy, busy today, which is very good.

We’re still living in a box-filled wonderland. It is our goal to have space for a Christmas tree by this weekend so we can be in more of a winter wonderland... it’s time to get into the spirit!

With that, I’m outta here. I know I keep saying this, but when I find my camera, I’ll post new house pictures.

Have a lovely rest of the week.