Friday, November 10, 2006

Stuff

I'm sitting in Leslie and Peter's dining room, stuffed with lasagna, listening to the Beatles, typing a message to y'all. Peter is cleaning up dinner, Leslie is taking a bath (have I mentioned that she's way pregnant? Yeah, she's doing all this awesomeness while she's pregnant! If that doesn't make her an angel, I don't know what does), and the kids are watching Sponge Bob.

Oh yeah. Life is good.

*******
This morning I sang to Emily,
"Who put the 'bop' in the bob-she-bob-she bop, who put the 'ram' in the ram-a-lama-ding-dong? Tell me who is that man. I'd like to shake his hand. He made my baby fall in love with me." *

She said, "Mommy, what did you say?"

I asked if she wanted me to sing it again; she said yes, so I did. She paused, looked pensive, then said, "Mommy, what if it was your dad?"

So there you go officially, from the mouth of Little Bird herself: My dad is Da Man. (He's also very, very sick right now, so ya know, a prayer or two, or good thoughts, or whatever you do, would be most welcomed.)

(*Aside--do you have any idea how hard it is to remember the words to one song while singing another? If I massacred the song above, forgive me. I'm listening to the Beatles, remember?)

*******
Between my office and Leslie's house I have to take 5 different freeways. On the second to last one, there is a sheer cliff face on the North-bound side. No fear of falling rocks or anything, because it really is sheer--there's nothing to fall. Except water. And it's been raining so much that there are actually water falls coming off the rocks. It is so unbelievably magical to live in a place where there are waterfalls on the side of the freeway! It pretty much takes my breath away every time. I have to really pay attention so as not to miss my exit. Too gorgeous.

*******
Em has decided that if Mrs. Dairy Queen and Mr. Burger King got married, their children would be Carl's Jr. and Wendy's. Yeah, I can see the logic there. I'm hip to that.

*******
If you try to call my cell phone and it doesn't answer, that's because I had my phone number changed to a local Portland number today. If I haven't yet called you to inform you of the change, just send me an email and I'll fwd you the new number.

*******
Finally, it occurred to me the other day that the electric bills in this area must be absolutely insane during the winter months because this place is FILLED WITH CHRISTMAS TREES!

I'm so happy to be here. I wish the rest of my family was here already though. I miss them very much.

*******
I'd like to be under the sea in an octopus' garden with you.

That is all.

Hugs.