Thursday, November 09, 2006

Quickie

Portland is unbelievably beautiful.

Em and I are staying WAAAY in the North-East part of town (actually, just outside of town), and she's staying with Leslie during the days while I work--waaay down in Oregon City (South West of town). It's a haul, to be sure, but totally worth it.

Last night, there were a number of accidents on the various freeways and highways between me and them. It took an hour and 45 minutes to get to Leslie's. But you wanna hear how cool she is? When I arrived, everyone was just washing up for dinner.

(Aside, for those of you who may not know or might not remember--Leslie is a chef. A GOOD chef!)

So let me repeat that: When I arrived to pick up Emily, dinner was waiting for me. Oh yeah, you wish you were me!

This morning when I dropped Em off, I brought some foodstuff with me for tonight's dinner. 'Cause she's gonna feed me AGAIN! Woo Hoo! This is more than I bargained for and SUCH a pleasant surprise. Thanks you PUBLICALLY, Leslie! :)

Yesterday was my first day of work. I'm gonna like this job. I have an office. With a key. And I don't share it with anyone. Yay! The work is the same as ever--contract administration doesn't change much from one place to the next--and it's work I enjoy. The only thing is, after being on "break" for so long, I'm freaking exhausted by the time I'm done. Last night Em and I went to bed at the same time. I got up at 5:30 this morning to get to Oregon City and back in time for work. I'm glad there is an end date in site for this commute. But like I said, worth it to have Em with me. Anyway--that's my excuse for not posting.

I'll try to put up something real (longer) this weekend.