Saturday, October 07, 2006

Updates

The third offeror dropped out. He doesn't like adobe soil. He'll find out soon enough that if he wants to live in this part of California, he's not going to find anything BUT adobe soil. Whatever. We still have the other two.

We countered them and gave until 5:00 tonight to accept. In half an hour, I'll know if we're in escrow or not.

I have another second interview in Portland on Wednesday (first was on the phone), and another first interview on Tuesday. It just keeps rolling along.

My mortgage broker is doing her magic to get pre-approval for us now (she's licensed in CA and OR--aren't we so lucky? I love her!), so tomorrow we go North to begin looking at houses up there.

Right now, I'm just glad I don't have any more house cleaning to do. I'm sewing and knitting. And enjoying my last weeks of unemployed freedom. If only I had money with which to do things...