Thursday, October 26, 2006

More News

I'm not going to talk about the house stuff. I'll letcha know when it's all history.

I will talk about other stuff though.

The wedding last week was really special. The ceremony was at a state park overlooking the Columbia River Gorge. Wow; gorgeous. And the reception, in their back yard (transformed into a twinkly fairy land) was more beautiful than I anticipated and so much fun. I met some really great people, all of whom seemed genuinenly happy to know that I'd be living in Portland soon. Yay! I already have built-in friends.

Tomorrow I'm spending the day with Emily on a school field trip to a pumpkin patch nearby. Oh joy--20 5 year olds before 10:00 in the morning. Why do I do this to myself? Oh, right. Because I love my kid. ((sigh))

Saturday through Wednesday we'll be at my sister's house (her birthday is Monday, then we do Halloween together on Tuesday). Thursday, I pack like a mad woman and have to meet a gazillion law school friends for a late supper, then Friday through Sunday I'm in PA for ESC's reception (Woo HOO!!!). As soon as I get home, I hop in the car and make the 12+ hour drive to Portland so I can start my job. Whew. I'm exhausted just thinking about it.

Oh yeah, and I just got a KILLER deal at a hotel! I was originally booked into a hotel near my office for $69 a night--same place I stayed for the wedding last week. It ostensibly "includes breakfast 5 days a week", but they're all carbs (bagels, english muffins, toast). This new place not only includes a REAL breakfast, 7 days a week (eggs, bacon, waffles, etc.), but it also includes complimentary dinners 4 nights a week. All for the same price. How fricking cool is that?!

And now, my friends, I'm outta here. I have things to do and people to see. I'll be back intermittently as time permits. But know that even in my absence, I'm thinking of you all.