Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Make Me An Offer I Can't Refuse

We received two offers on our house in the first 24 hours it was on the market. We sat on them partly because we've been out of town, but also because we had to decide how to deal with them.

In the meantime, we've received a third offer.

Oh.My.God.

Isn't this supposed to be a buyer's market? I mean, don't get me wrong. I'm not complaining. But boy am I surprised!

Thursday afternoon we're going to respond to all three. Let the bidding wars begin! (Haha, heehee, hoho!)

Next week, we're off to Portland again. We found a fabulous real estate agent up there and will spent Tuesday and Wednesday looking at houses. If I get the job offer I'm expecting, if our house goes into escrow with one of the three offerors, and if we can get pre-approval (or better yet, final approval) by Wednesday afternoon, we'd like to make an offer on a house up there before we come home again.

Holy crap this is moving fast. It looks like we'll be in Portland by the first week of November.

Please excuse me if I'm not around much. It seems that life just shifted into overdrive. Your good thoughts are appreciated.