Tuesday, August 08, 2006

I need your prayers or whatever RIGHT NOW!

Ok, so last night was our final night of class, but instead of having class, our teacher took us out for dinner.

She brought along her husband, her daughter, and her best friend (who also happens to be her office manager/paralegal). In the middle of dinner, out of the blue, she says, "So hey, Aimee, how's the job search going?"

I tell her I haven't found anything yet.

She and Melissa (the paralegal, etc.) go off on a conversation about local attorneys who are looking for staff. Then she says, "Call this guy" and hands me a business card and phone number.

So I call the guy this morning and leave a voicemail.

TEN MINUTES LATER he calls back. We talk for 25 minutes. I'm going to meet him in 1 hour and 10 minutes in the same town were I've worked for the last 12 years--10 minutes away!

Seriously. Dude. This would ROCK! No horrible commute, and I can still take lunches with my girls!

Please say some big, fat prayers, or whatever communing you do, RIGHT NOW that (1) he wants to hire me, and (2) he can pay me what I need.

YEEEE!!!