Monday, August 21, 2006

Blah, blah, blah

We have our new 4" in/out plumbing drain installed, and we got a fancy-pantsy "hydro-scrub" on our lines--all for under $2000. I'm waiting for the other guy to come haul away the concrete that was jackhammered out, as well as the dirt that was dug out, and then he's supposed to lay the new concrete. THEN we're really done. I'm so flippin' ready for this saga to be over. When you recognize the plumber's number on caller ID, it's just been too much. You know?

Now that we can use all our sources of water that have drainage at full capacity again, we have about 17 thousand loads of laundry to do.

The most exciting part of all this--yeah, you were waiting for the exciting part, weren't you?--is that I now have a completely valid excuse to hire a cleaning service to clean the bathrooms. You betcha, ya. They'll be here in about an hour. Woo Hoo! Now if I could afford a pedicure, I'd be a happy woman.

Strike that. I'm already a happy woman. I have one more week of summer with my Little Bird and we're planning on spending it having fun together, so if I'm not around much that's why. Oh yeah, and my unemployment claim was approved. Not retroactive, but I'll take what I can get.