Tuesday, January 03, 2006

It's Raining, It's Pouring

I wish I was snoring....

Em is going through one of those "I'm going to get up in the middle of the night and stay awake for a few hours" phases. They never last long, but they're utterly exhausting when we're in the midst of one.

And it's raining. Seriously raining. I don't like our governor, but I am grateful that he declared the 7 counties of Northern California to be in a state of emergency--that means the State will pay for up to 75% of the flood damage. That's nice, 'cause we're getting ready to float away up here. (Is this news anywhere but here? I mean, do you guys not in NorCal know how wet we are, or is that something they only report locally? Sometimes it's hard to know what news is considered "big", ya know?)

So, school starts tonight. Of course that's not news to anyone. These two weeks off have been absolutely heavenly. In 20 minutes, I have to head out into the elements to begin the second semester of my edumacation. Wish me luck.

See you all as soon as school permits!