Monday, December 19, 2005

What's that you say?

Katey and I were emailing earlier today and she wrote, "People get stressed around the holidays? Huh. How about that."

Of course the ONLY sensible reply is, "Hahahaha! Shut up."

My home was overtaken this morning by a million stressed out creatures.

Emily awoke at 3:00 last night. I have no idea why. She was up for three hours. Let me rephrase that so the full impact can hit you. From 3:00 am to 6:00 am, my darling daughter was AWAAAAAKE. I thought I was too, but apparently I dozed long enough for her to visit not only my mom, but also my younger sister who was spending the night.

So yeah, that means no one in the house got a good night's sleep.

I was supposed to get up this morning and help my mom load the car so she and Em could head out of town. They wanted to leave by 10:00, which was perfect 'cause I wanted to be at work by 10:00. Right. Em and I got up at about 9:20.

Mom and Teri, however, got up somewhere in the 7:00 hour, so they had already been coffeed and had time to awaken.

I spent the morning tripping over left-over balloons (it's ok to take them down, but not to deflate them. UGH!), my sister's cat, piles of books, blankets, presents, and what have you, and spilling my coffee.

I finally got them packed and out of here around 11:40. Sister left right afterward. I just realized I didn't even kiss her goodbye, I just waved her off. Oops.

I skipped work this morning. I'll make up the hours tomorrow and Wednesday. Today, I'm enjoying the blissful silence. Later, I'll clean and sew.

People get stressed around the holidays, you say? Pfft. Impossible.