Thursday, December 01, 2005

Reaching for Productivity

When I bought my house two years ago, sometime during the move I misplaced my address book. It shows up periodically, but I don't have a desk or specified office space, so I can't seem to keep track of it.

Usually that's not a big deal, I just call or email the person whose address I need and I'm good to go, but at Christmas time, it sucks to be without. It makes Christmas cards difficult, to say the least.

Anyway, last night I had a dream that I was in a things-n-stuff store (the kind of place that sells handmade goods, candles, unique or interesting items, you get the picture), and on a shelf below the cash register there was a basket with address books. (Aside: I've been on the lookout for a new one the last couple of years, but I'm so particular about what I want that I haven't found one satisfactory yet. )

So as is my habit, I started checking out their selection of address books--the first one I picked up looked exactly like mine, I even said to the clerk, "Hey! This looks exactly like my address book that I lost about two years ago!" Then I opened the book to discover, much to my embarrassment, that it WAS my book! In a store! Of course they let me take it without paying for it, but I was so supremely embarrassed at my stupidity that I started crying and couldn't stop.

I woke up still crying. Over a found address book. Yeah. Can you say stress?

Sheesh.

In better news, I finally finished a sweater that I've been working on for my younger sister for the last 2 1/2 years. The collar was giving me fits. I bit the bullet last weekend and made myself get it done. Yay! Here it is:

Teri's Sweater

Finally, I have to admit that I took a gamble in blogland--fortunately, I won. Here is a teeny sweater I made for Lyric (hoping she'd be a girl!). It took toooo many months because it was made on size 2 needles with whispy-thin yarn, but it's so pretty! (Can you see the subtle diamond pattern in the body? If you click on it, I think it'll enlarge. Give it a try...)

Lyric's Sweater

Lyric--tell you mommy I'm putting it in the mail tomorrow, ok?

I'm off to study more. Finals start next week. I'll be back soon though!