Saturday, November 26, 2005

Is it January yet?

Thanksgiving was nice, but my mom got sick and didn't come with me, so that was a bummer. Then yesterday, I got the bug. Thanks for sharing, Mom.

Now Em is home from her dad's and we're going to spend the weekend doing Christmas-related things, like take out the Christmas dishes, put up some lights outside, you know--stuff like that. If the outside lights look good (and if we actually get around to it), I'll take a picture.

Right now, the two of them are at Costco and I just spent almost $100 at knitpicks.com. I've decided to make a sweater for my little sister for her birthday (early January), so I got some funky yarn for that, then I also bought a ton of cool patterns that my mom was interested in. I'll give them to her as a gift if she doesn't open the box when it arrives. Oh--also got some deliciously soft alpaca/cashmere blend to make a hat and mittens for a friend. Man I wish I was done with homework for a while. I need a break and have things I want to do!

But sadly, I'll spend most of the time they're shopping doing on homework, and tomorrow it begins again full-force. This week I have classes Monday through Thursday. The following week, finals start. I may be distant the next 2 or 3 weeks, but I'll be lurking.

Love and hugs to you and your families.