Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving, Beautiful People!

Emily's father is coming to pick her up tomorrow morning, after which my mom and I will head north (all of about 10 miles) to my best girlfriend's house for dinner with her family--including some extended family.

There will be 10 adults and 4 kids in her fantastic 50's ranch-style house (which I COVET, but we can talk about that later). I've met and like at least half of the people, so I can say with all honesty that I'm really looking forward to it.

Then we'll most likely go see a movie. Don't know what yet.

Friday I plan on sewing, might go into the office for a couple hours, and perhaps, just maybe, twist my arm, I might do a bit of homework for a change, then Em comes home that evening.

Today, however, has been the TRUE thanksgiving day in my house. Nothing special has happened, but since I awoke, I've had the pleasure of spending nearly the entire day with either my daughter or my mom or both. I'm not being sarcastic--I don't get this opportunity very often and I've REALLY enjoyed hanging out with them all day without "having" to do something else.

On that note, Em's waiting for me to come play "Rescue Heroes" on the computer in the back room. So Happy Thanksgiving to you all, I'll see you next week!

xoxo