Sunday, November 20, 2005

Ch..ch...ch...changes

Our original plan for last night was to take Emily to a "Kids Night Out" at her gymnastics studio then go see the new Pride and Prejudice, but the only theater where it's playing is about half an hour away from us (traffic here sucks, no matter the day) , and we weren't sure we'd make it on time, so we decided to see Harry Potter instead.

But by the time we dropped Em at gymnastics, neither my mom nor I could stomach the idea of the crowds at the multi-plex theater, so we went to the video store instead.

We rented three movies and watched one last night--a quiet movie called "Dear Frankie". It was a slow, quiet, gentle movie about a single mom's love for her son and her somewhat misplaced notion about representing his father. I dunno--I'm probably not doing a good job of explaining it, but since I would encourage all of you to watch it anyway, I'm not going to try to do better 'cause I don't want to spoil it. Word of warning though: their accents (Scottish) are pretty heavy, so if you're anything like me, you'll want to hold the remote in your hand so you can rewind periodically the first 10 minutes or so until you get used to the brogue.

Today I go back to studying. Changing gears from Criminal Law to Torts and writing a practice exam this afternoon.

I'll go see Harry Potter and Pride and Prejudice sometime before Christmas.