Sunday, October 02, 2005

Weekend Frivolity (it's a quick read, it only looks long)

I was recently tagged by the Evil Noodle to do this meme:
The rules are:
1. Go into your archives.
2. Find your 23rd post.
3. Find the fifth sentence (or closest to).
4. Post the text of the sentence in your blog along with these instructions.
5. Tag five other people to do the same.

So here ya go, from July 3, 2004:

“I've started to (it's not steamy, but it'll get better--I promise), posted part 1 last night in fact.”

Wow—that was, uh… yeah, whatever.

Now I’m supposed to tag five of you.

Nah, I'm not tagging anyone, I hate doing that—play if you want to.

This one I took this from Veronica; the questions looked like fun. It’s called “Just Ask” (which is NOT the same as “Ask the Evils”, or whatever Regan and Kev’s game is called).

Just Ask:

1. Do you try to look hot when you go to the grocery store just in case someone recognizes you from your blog?
HA! Two wrong assumptions in that questions: (1) that any other bloggers I know live in my town, and (2) that I actually go to the grocery store.

2. Are the photos you post Photoshopped or otherwise altered?
Nope, just cropped down to size.

3. Do you like it when creeps or dorks email you?
I do not.

4. Do you lie in your blog?
Yes. Everything I’ve ever told any of you is a lie. Or else that statement is. You decide.

5. Are you passive-aggressive in your blog?
Me? What exactly are you trying to ask here?

6. Do you ever threaten to quit writing so people will tell you not to stop?
Pfft. That’s not a game I’m interested in playing.

7. Are you in therapy? If not, should you be? If so, is it helping?
Not currently, because I don’t think I need to be right now. But I have done in the past and have found it to be extremely beneficial.

8. Do you delete mean comments? Do you fake nice ones?
Never deleted or faked any comments.

9. Have you ever rubbed one out while reading a blog? How about after?
Seriously, what kind of question is this? I think the person (male?) making up this meme got bored. I don’t have a “one” to “rub out”—I’m a girl!

10. If your readers knew you in person, would they like you more or like you less?
I’d hope more, but I really have no idea.

11. Do you have a job?
I have a number of jobs (contract administrator, seamstress, student, mother…). And I like them all.

12. If someone offered you a decent salary to blog full-time without restrictions, would you do it? I doubt it. It would get boring after a while I think.

13. Which blogger do you want to meet in real life?
Ok kids, settle down. This is an alpha-order, so if your name isn’t near the top, just cool your jets.
Julie
Kerri
Lynlee
Phoebe
Riz
Seamus
Sloth
Tot
V

I probably should put a little blurb about why I want to meet them, but I’m not going to. They know why.

There’s a question missing here, so I’m going to insert it anyway as 13a.

13a. Which bloggers have you met in real life?
AJ
Celti
Inanna
Jamie
Kate (my sister—probably doesn’t count huh?)
Katey
Leese
Lois Lane
Michael
Pup
Regan
Ryan
Stanks
Varla
(Am I missing anyone?)

14. Which bloggers have you made out with?
We never kiss and tell. (hee hee!)

15. Do you usually act like you have more money or less money than you really have?
I’m pretty straight out there with money issues—when I have it, I spend it, when I don’t have it, I bemoan being broke. Again.

16. Does your family read your blog?
My older sister does, she’s the one who introduced me to blogging. My mom doesn’t, but she knows about it. My father and younger sister don’t even know about it, as far as I know.

17. How old is your blog?
About a year and a half. Maybe. I’m not sure. Who cares? Go check the archives if you’re really interested.

18. Do you get more than 1000 page views per day? Do you care?
I seriously doubt it and I don’t care in the least.

19. Do you have another secret blog in which you write about being depressed, slutty, or a liar?
No. But I do have a secret blog where I write about things I don’t want to say publicly. And no you can’t have the url.

20. Have you ever given another blogger money for his/her writing?
Nope, but I have supported bloggers’ charitable organization events.

21. Do you report the money you earn from your blog on your taxes?
Hahahaha! That’s a good one.

22. Is blogging narcissistic?
Well of course it is, why else would we do it?

23. Do you feel guilty when you don't post for a long time?
Not usually, but I do feel guilty when I can’t answer all the comments. Ok, not exactly guilty, but kind of bad. Like y’all might think I’m ignoring you. Which I’m not.

24. Do you like John Mayer?
Yes.

25. Do you have enemies?
Not that I know of. If I do, please let me live in ignorance, ok? I don’t think I could handle knowing.

26. Are you lonely?
Nope.

27. Why bother?
Why bother what? Living? Are you kidding? Because the world is full and rich and wonderful! Because the sun rises and sets. Because people make beautiful art out of acrylics or oils or charcoals or fabrics or woods or words. Because I can.

I won't tag anyone, but if you play along please let me know, I want to read your answers (mostly just to see if I got “chosen” in 13).