Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Shortie

Thursday's drive to Kate's house was uneventful. We got there late & didn't spend much time visiting before we all went to bed.

Friday we went out for lunch with my dad, then while he took the kids swimming, Mom, Kate & I went to the grocery store.

In the afternoon--he and I went to the Social Security office in a neighboring town. Starbucks after that. We had one of the best conversations we've had in years. It was great.

Saturday was my niece Storey's birthday party (she turned 8 on Monday)--Kate got a jumpy house for the front yard. There were a zillion kids and a half a million adults and a ton and a half of food and at least seventy thousand dollars worth of gifts. And far more fun than I can put a figure to.

This is how I take notes when I'm planning on blogging. Jot down bones and idea then come back through and make a post out of it. Unfortunately I didn't have time to post last night, so this is what you get for now. I'll finish it later. When I can. You know... Later. Until then, there are the bones of Friday & Saturday. (Not very interesting?! Pfft. I know. Sorry.)