Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Staying Up Too Late

Hi--thanks for you kind words. I'm feeling better and I heard (third hand) that Rick is going home tomorrow. Still not sure what the problem is/was, but at least he's going home.

My roommate of 9+ years has found a new place to live. She told me back in February that she'd be moving, but now that she's actually found a place, I'm disappointed to say, she seems to be the kind of person who has to create a fight before she can leave. One would think after such a long time, she'd not have such a hard time communicating. I mean, do we really have to ruin our friendship because she can't just say goodbye? It kinda sucks. So, the whole water issue mentioned below has become fodder for her "moving-out fight".

Whatever.

I don't want to deal with it, so I'm staying at Kate's for a few more days. We were supposed to drive home today. Instead, we went swimming, made cupcakes, went to the grocery store, took a walk. Oh, and I sewed a lot. :) Tomorrow, if weather permits, we'll go to the beach. Or perhaps we'll go on Friday instead. We have to leave by Saturday 'cause we have a TON of stuff to do before we leave town again on Thursday to come back down here for a father's day weekend bluegrass festival. Woo Hoo!

Regan & Julie, I have not forgotten about your knitting requests; sorry it's taking me so long to reply. I'm working on them, but it's a hard thing to do with a gazillion people around and when I'm not at my own computer. Soon, I promise!

Oh yeah, and I bought myself a new computer today. A Dell Ispiron 600m with a zillion bells and whistles. I should have it in about 10 days and I'm VERY excited. Nothing cures the blues like a little retail-therapy!

Happy very-late-Wednesday-evening to y'all. See you 'round town!

xoxo