Friday, June 10, 2005

Mamma, I'm coming home...

We're leaving Kate's house WAY too early tomorrow (especially considering how late it is already and that we haven't even started to pack yet--Yikes!). I'm not looking forward to the drive, but I am looking forward to getting home, doing some laundry, having *other* clothes to wear (remember, this 3-day trip turned 7-day on the third day), checking my mail and messages, and stretching my legs in my own bed.

For a few nights anyway. Thursday morning, Em and I leave again for a bluegrass festival. Yeee! CAMPING! Summer is here; I'm so excited!

My time here has been very good--I finished sewing a shirt Kate designed (very cute--some day I may get a picture of it, but I didn't bring my digicam with me this trip), I also finished a revision of a dress for my sister Teri. She got this Armani dress on eBay, but much to our surprise, it looked awful on her (she's a perfect size 6 and looks great in *everything*), so I cut it apart and made it into a short, fitted skirt and a floopy, loose, spaghetti-strap tank top. VERY CUTE! Also no pics of that yet. See above re: no camera on this trip. Yeah, yeah, whatever. Shut up. You'll see it later.

More importantly (for my girl, Bonnie, anyway), I'm finishing up some outdoor cushion covers. I *finally* managed to make all the pieces fit onto the bolt of fabric--WHEW!--so now it's all cut & prepped. Sunday, I sew (I'm such a dork--that was my primary project this week, I brought it and my machines to Kate's specifically to finish those covers and I left my damn zipper-foot at home. Duh!). Again, I'm quite sure my "customer" (i.e.: Best friend from college, now residing in Maryland) will send pics to me when the furniture is nicely put back together so I may share those pics with y'all. **hint hint**

What else? Right--that wedding in Manhattan. A maid of honor and 2 bridesmaid dresses. Lovely stuff. I'm actually going to that wedding (sorry, Julz, the couple live in Manhattan but their wedding will be in Santa Barbara), but it's not until August, so you get no pics of those dresses for a couple more months either.

Ummm... I know there's more... Oh, RIGHT! Dang, I nearly forgot! Mom and I are taking the HUGE plunge and having the floors redone in our sewing room before we have the cabs done. I'll be ordering all that stuff on Monday or Tuesday. We should have everything about 3 weeks later. I guaran-goddamn-tee you'll get pictures of that!

I have one more thing to say about work, but I'm going to wait until after I get home 'cause I want to make sure I say it all accurately. For now, I'll leave you with this: It's good news.

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend. I'll be back by Tuesday at the latest.

xoxoxox

(p.s. Julie won the "best quote" in comments on the last post. I don't remember what it was, but I do remember that it made me laugh out loud. Thanks, Julz!)