Monday, March 21, 2005

I'll Miss You...

My boss John is moving to the DC area. He's leaving on Thursday. Sudden? Yeah. Bummed? Yeah. My job is going to change with him not around. The largest part of the equation for me is that I can no longer be his direct report. I'm not sure who I'll be reporting to, but I can guarantee it won't be anyone half as good as he is/has been as a boss.

So I'm leaving now to go to his goodbye lunch. While there, I have to drop the bomb on him (and HR) that I'm not returning to work until next Monday (he was expecting me back the day after tomorrow).

I'm feeling a bit apprehensive about lunch. Not sure why. Feeling a bit blue in general today. I do hope they let me go. I'd love to get a severance package and go find a real job that I enjoy.

Happy Monday. I'm going to go take my Prozac and head out for lunch now.

Maybe I'll stop at get a pedicure on my way home. Hmmm, there's a thought...