Sunday, March 06, 2005

Blah blah blah

I'm home; we had a great time and I may post about it later. Or maybe not.

Right now though I'm not in a very good mood. My Dr's office confused my file with someone else's when preparing disability forms--it seems they told the State that I was on maternity leave and was expected to return to work on March first. I called them to explain that in fact I had my uterus removed, I will therefore NEVER have another maternity leave, and I was out for six weeks, not due back until March 23rd.

The Fucking idiots at State are now saying they don't understand the correction from my Dr's office. As if a doctor's staff has never made an error on a state form before. They simply don't know what to do with this new information.

Thank god I'm not sensitive about having had a hysterectomy at such a young age, or they could potentially have an emotional train wreck on their hands. Morons.

Then I came home to find a message from a friend that upset me greatly. I mean, on one hand I want to reach out and explain my actions from the last 3 weeks, but on the other hand I feel a little resentful that I have been put in a position where I have to explain my post-op actions yet again if I want to retain her friendship. I don't know what to do about it, so I'm just sitting on it for now until my emotions are in check and I can be reasonable about it.

Shit.

I had breakfast with my younger sister this morning. It was a fiasco. Nice to see her, but the meal itself was a joke. I'll write about it later. I left with the feeling that she and I don't have much to say to each other and I really miss Kate. Em, my mom, and I are going to Kate's house on Thursday morning. I'm ready to go now.

Except that I'm pissy.

It's not a good idea to go to Kate's house in this mood.

I think I'll go read a book for a while instead.