Sunday, December 19, 2004

Sunday Morning

Emily's birthday was yesterday. She turned 4 and we had a party for her--it was more fun than I thought it would be, even though my good friend Jena (and her husband & 2 kids), as well as my other good friend Tiffany ended up not being able to make it.

After the party ended, we had some light dinner then went driving to look at all the lights. Fortunately, I had the foresight to put Em in her jammies before we went, because she fell sound asleep in her car seat almost immediately.

When we got home, my mom, my younger sister, my brother and I watched 2 episodes of CSI which we had Tivo'd a few days ago, then we all crashed (Celti--I'm sorry I never had a chance to call you back!).

Em and I woke up at 4:30 this morning. Usually I can get her back to sleep if it's that early, but this morning *I* couldn't go back to sleep. Since Teri was in her bedroom and Benj was on the sofa in the living room, we came back to the sewing room where we played together on pbskids.org ("Mommy, will you sit under me while I play PBS Kids?").

So we played quietly, being respectful of all the other sleeping people, yet by 5:30 both my mom and Teri had joined us in the sewing room!

Now that it's 6:00, we've all spread out in the house to do our own things, but I do love the quiet warmth of a home at the crack of dawn when everyone is awake but slow and calm and quiet. It's very peaceful.

I know we're all going to need naps today, but I hope you each have as nice as morning as we're having so far.