Monday, November 22, 2004

Weekend Stuff

Ok, on Friday I mentioned that the house painting was at long last complete. Here's a picture of my front door, complete with our new porch light (which I installed by myself--and didn't electrocute anyone). If I had remembered to take this picture in the daytime, I could have done so with the porch light off and you'd be able to see how beautiful the glass is. Oops.

The sign with my house numbers is made up of four hand-painted tiles--thank you Kate, they're beautiful! The primary color isn't quite as robins-egg blue as it looks in this picture, it's more green, the darker color is a true-teal, and the white is really a creamy color. I think it's quite a lovely combination of colors, and CERTAINLY nicer than the drab grey-brown it was before.


Front Door and Porch Light


I had a hell of a long to-do list this weekend. The things that didn't get done were: Pack summer clothes; Organize winter clothes; Clean and vaccuum room; Pick up Emily's bedside table; Buy door latch (Em's learned to unlock the deadbolt, and with her sleeping habits, I don't want her to be able to open the door in the middle of the night); Buy speaker wire; Buy 4 glass shelves--2 for bedroom, 2 for kitchen (when I do get those purchased and installed, I'll show you a picture. One wall in our kitchen is kinda funky with shelves, etc. I like it).

On the plus side, I cleaned the living room (twice), cleaned the kitchen (including clearing off the top of the buffet--no small feat in this household!), fixed my coatrack, made arm-covers for my neighbors' couch, hung hooks for our footstool so I won't trip on it anymore, hung up the house numbers (above), finished putting together 2 video cabinets and a matching TV stand (finally!), and installed tie-backs for our living room curtains. Oh yeah, I also hung up the punched-copper lamp. My sister's husband Jeff made that for my mom a number of years ago for Christmas. It was in our sewing room, but it's so much prettier here.

God--what an incredibly boring read. I worked hard, but it doesn't translate well into text. If you've made it this far, here's your reward: A picture of one video cabinet with the beautiful lamp, and a picture of the matching TV stand.


Video Cabinet & Lamp


TV Stand

Oh yeah, I also made dinner Saturday night. Doesn't sound like much, but everything was ready at the same time. I was proud of myself.