Tuesday, November 16, 2004

10 Things About Me

Stolen from my sister Kate's site:

1. I only have 2 bumper stickers on my car. One says "No Sniveling" and the other says "Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History".

2. I try to be a good person, a tolerant person, and a loving person. But sometimes it's really hard and I don't quite make it. Especially when my daughter whines.

3. I love to sew, but I almost never sew for myself.

4. I've been on Weight Watchers for over 2 years now and I haven't lost more than a pound total in the last year. It's overwhelmingly frustrating, but I know a big part of the problem is that I'm inherently lazy and don't want to exercise regularly.

5. I have a great deal of patience with most people, but I have very little with Emily. It bothers me that at 3 yrs old I let her push all my buttons and sometimes it makes me feel like a very bad mother.

6. I really try to see both side of an argument, even when the other side is just stupid.

7. I spent about 13 years working part time and being a student full time and supporting my ex-husband. It sucked and I'm glad I don't have to do it anymore. Now that I've left him, my take-home pay has doubled, I bought the car I've always wanted, and I bought a house. (It's hard not to smirk when I say that.)

8. When I finished my MA, I thought I'd want to get a PhD eventually. I have since decided that I never want to go back to school again. I've grown out of that phase.

9. This is going to be a good Christmas. Small as far as presents are concerned, but a good one. I can feel it. I only wish Emily wasn't going to be with her dad this year. I hate sharing Christmas with him.

10. I have 4 photo albums that are almost filled up. I love the idea of looking through them with Emily, but we never actually do because she always wants to take the photos out. Some day, we'll be able to look through them and reminisce together.