Friday, October 15, 2004

Little Bits of Nothingness

I woke up at 2:30 this morning because the neighbors decided to have a fight on their front lawn. Selfish bastards. Since the awakening was so abrupt, I jolted right out of a dream and don’t remember the details. What I do remember was that I was talking to Lovisa and Varin.

By the time I finally fell back to sleep, Varin had gone on to other things, but Lovie-Poppet was sitting on my couch, watching the fire, and drinking English tea (I don’t have a fireplace though, so it musta been a dream). Then I read her blog today, and wouldn’tcha know, she wrote all about winter coming on. How sort of creepy! Or maybe it’s just synchronicity in action. Woo Hoo!

I woke up at 6:30 (an hour late), rushed like mad to get out of the house on time, dropped Em off at daycare, then decided I was sick and tired of this heat. We’re having another (final, I hope) heat spell and my air conditioning desperately needs to be fixed. So I called the boss, said I was gonna be late, and popped over to Costco to fill up my gas tank before driving up to the mechanic. Costco typically has significantly lower prices than any other gas station around. This morning, I paid more than $37.00 to fill my tank—the gas was $2.31 per gallon. That was the lowest grade at the least expensive station in town; oh my GOD!

After the petrol-inspired heart attack, I drove North to drop off my car. It seems my air conditioning needs to be “re-charged”. Who knew that was a thing? Whatever. It’s going to cost me another $150.00, but at least we won’t sit in the car sweating any more. Blah. It'll probably rain tomorrow now that I've done this.

By the time I got to work, I was an hour and 15 minutes late (work is South of where I live, so not exactly close to my mechanic). As soon as I pulled in the driveway, I saw the sign out front reminding employees of the blood drive today. Shit! I had an 8:00 appointment!

I ran inside, checked the donation schedule, then ran out to the blood van. Managed to squeeze myself into a 9:15 slot. Yay! For the first time in almost 2 years, I wasn’t turned away. I’m feeling pretty pleased with myself right now. Also, the blue bandage matches the blue flowers in my dress, so I don’t even have to look uncoordinated today (well, at least not in terms of colors—watching me walk & stumble is a different story).

After the blood donation was complete (hmmm, maybe 10:30-ish), I came into my office, checked my email & voicemail, ordered lunch for our staff, blogged a bit, then ran out to get a pedicure.

It’s now almost 1:30. I suppose I really ought to get to work since I have to leave early to pick up my car! But no; I think I’ll finish these bits of randomness first.

Last night, one of my co-workers came over for dinner and to return my computer, which he has had since last week. I’m not complaining—he’s fixing it for us. Yahoo! Only thing is, as he was trying to do one final scan (or something), it froze up again, so he took it away…again. Boo Hoo! The point of this is that I am computer-less for one more weekend at least. So here I offer you some tidbits in hopes that they tide you over the weekend.

Best Friends (in absolutely no particular order):
Kate, Kimberly, Celti, Jena.

Favorite Sandwich:
Roast beef with brie, grilled onions, & tomato jelly on a rustic roll.

Favorite non-alcoholic drink:
Ginger Ale. Mmmmm!

Today’s Personal Beatdown:
Whomever took my cookie. I ordered lunch. If you wanted one, you just had to ask for one. Not nice to take someone else’s—especially mine, you thoughtless bastard. Beatdown with a bowl of cookie dough.

Eh, I think I’m done. There’s more, but I’m bored with this. Have a good weekend; see you Monday!