Tuesday, August 17, 2004

20 Questions You Never Asked

1. I'm the pickiest eater I know, but you wouldn’t know it to look at me.

2. We have 12 types of tea in our office, but they always run out of my favorite.

3. Industrial paper-towels are TERRIBLE.

4. I love breakfast, but I love sleep more, so I bring my breakfast to work with me & make it here.

5. People get ridiculously excited when I cook bacon in the microwave—as if it's not an item readily available to anyone in the grocery store!

6. I love proper English and am easily impressed by people who know the difference between “who” and “that”.

7. I also love proper punctuation; the semicolon is one of my favorite marks.

8. When we painted the inside of our house last October, we bought SIX different shades of purple, 2 yellows, a green, 2 oranges, a burgundy, a gold, and a blue. Oh yeah, and some creamy white for the doors.

9. We are now in the process of painting the outside of our house in 2 different shades of teal.

10. My sister is going to paint number tiles for us; that shouldn’t make me as happy as it does, but it does, so there it is.

11. I spent more than $200.00 on matching Victorian lamps for my bedroom and one of them doesn’t work. But I love them anyway. They’re girly.

12. I never watched TV when I was a kid. One time at my dad’s house (when I was already in college), while trying to change the channel on his TV, I broke it. He and Kate had been joking about just that very thing minutes before I walked into the room to tell them what I had done. They laughed so hard at me I thought they were going to pee their pants. I didn’t understand what was so funny.

13. I don’t cook very much, but I have almost every cool kitchen implement created, as well as an excellent set of pots/pans, and 3 full sets of dishes.

14. I love coffee, but I only love it “my” way, which everyone else who loves coffee says is too weak. Fuck them. It’s my coffee, damnit!

15. I love being a Cancer and a middle child—it gives me two excuses when I’m feeling moody.

16. I am bored with my long post series and don’t want to finish it, but I will just for you.

17. My middle name is Rose; I love my middle name.

18. I have three tattoos. I love them all and want more, more, more.

19. I look like a conservative, Volvo-driving, middle-aged mom, but inside I’m an 18 year old, tie-dye wearing, gonna-change-the-world radical college student with a beat up Karmann Ghia. No one sees that when they meet me and it makes me pine for my youth sometimes.

20. My daughter is my pride. I don’t know what I did with my life before and I can’t imagine my life without her, but sometimes I want a day off.