Friday, June 25, 2004

Buttons and tags and wax, oh my!

I admitted to Kate the other day that I went on a shopping spree. It was fun, but now I have all these extra buttons, as well as the tags, in a pile on my living room floor. When did they stop sewing the extra buttons onto the inside of the garments and just start giving them to us in teeny-tiny dope bags? What's that about? It's annoying because I KNOW when I lose *that* button, I'm never going to be able to match it up with the right dope bag. Sigh.

Oh, and they're all on the living room floor because that's where I was sorting my laundry. I don't know who tried that stuff on before I bought it and made it mine. What a very strange concept (boy-howdy, this is already turning into one EXCITING post! Sorry). So anyway, I wash stuff I buy before I really make it mine and start wearing it. blah, blah, blah. Somewhere between putting away the camping gear, doing shitloads of laundry, and trying to finish this godforsaken wedding gown (that was supposed to be delivered tonight, but in usual fashion I managed to push out for one more day), I never quite got the rest of the house picked up. Ack. The uber-roomie (that'd be my mom--she and I bought a house together about 9 months ago; the ONLY way either of us could afford to live in NorCal) and my kid are coming home tonight. NOTHING is going to get done after they wake up tomorrow. It's going to be all about "Mommy, come play with me."

Mind you, I'm not complaining, just acknowledging what I know to be true. And I'm very, very ready for her silly little red-head to be back with me. I've missed her terribly. But I won't get ANYTHING DONE for the next 2 days. Nothing. Nada. Zip. Zilch. Zero. But she's only going to be little for such a short time, I'm just going to let go of all the shit and just BE with her. After all, who really cares if the living room is dusted & vaccuumed? Oh, right, my mom does. Drat. Whatever. If it's a priority, she'll do it herself. Funny how our parents try to teach us their priorities; it seems that they slip from one generation to the next. I'm perfectly happy dusting & vacuuming maybe once a month (LOL), whereas she feels the compulsive need to do so every week. I'd help more, ya know, if she'd just wait until I reached my dirt-threshhold!

Right, so, anyway...I got my legs waxed yesterday. I refuse to shave. I'm just too, too lazy to keep that up on a regular basis, so I have them waxed in the summer. On a lark, I decided to have my eyebrows done, too. Let me tell you, if you've never done that--OUCH!!! I'm never doing that again. Nope, never.

Ooh! I hear the car. Gonna go get my darling. Back to you folks as soon as I'm able; it may be a few days.

Take care of each other.
xo
a